Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mexico and More!

 Hey guys and gals!

So I know it's been a while, and I'm super sorry about that. I had a whole timeline planned about when I was going to blog again. But, on the plus side, except for test days, I am hoping to be able to blog a lot more.

Since I haven't blogged since before I left for Mexico, let me start with that.

Back in the middle of April, I went on this phenomenal trip to Tecate, Mexico. Technically, the name of the town we actually worked in is called Los Girasoles which means "The Sunflowers". All the streets in the village are named after different flowers. I actually didn't know that part until last year. But cool, right? But now you're wondering, what on earth were you doing there? At least if you don't know me personally that is. But let me answer that question anyways! We build houses for various families who don't have a home. The high school I graduated from organizes the whole trip and this year was the 26th annual trip and they were celebrating the 300th house built. We built 18 homes in various sites, so really we were celebrating a few more than 300, but still. That's an impressive amount of homes built! Oh yeah, did I mention we do it in three and a half days? Our site was lucky enough to have quite a few children running around. Some might view this as a bad thing, but I love when there are kids there. The kids that actually belonged to the family we were building for were named Pedro and Heidi (or Katie, I actually had a debate about this with someone). But there were plenty of other kids around. The names I remember are Chris, Gordito, and Alejandro. Here's the funny thing about Chris though, I remember him from my freshman year. He was the only kid around my site that year. He's grown up quite a bit though and spent the entirety of our work days pointing to various people and suggesting that they ought to date. Not knowing how to explain that I had graduated, I ended up telling him that I was very viejo or old and that the people he was pointing to were very joven or young whenever he suggested a relationship between myself and any of the students on the trip. We finished the house and celebrated with ice cream after three and a half long hard days. But every moment was worth it.

Since then, I honestly haven't done much. Which probably contributed to my lack of blogging recently. Although I did see Spiderman 2 on Saturday. That was pretty cool. I won't give spoilers, but I thought the movie was great.

FYI, I'll be going to Fanime in just a couple weeks, so be prepared for some serious cosplay photos in the various different things I update. Meaning, if you want to see this stuff, you ought to check out my photo tumblr. I will for sure be posting at least one picture from Fanime almost everyday of memorial day weekend. Also, there's deviant where I'll be posting cosplay photos and there's 500px.

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment