Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Winter Quarter Begins

I actually made it to class today. Woohoo! Except that by the end of the day yesterday, I knew I could say so long to my voice for today. I made all these cute little notecards to help me out so I wouldn't have to say too much. I barely said anything all day except in whispers. By the time I got home today, my voice was a little better! So I started talking to my family and stuff. Unfortunately, that made it worse. So it's sayonara to my voice tomorrow as well. I know, I know. It's my own fault for talking this afternoon. But it stinks!!! I mean, for the most part I can communicate, that's no the issue. Believe it or not though, I like talking. I like being able to converse with people  without sounding ridiculous. But more than that though, the part I miss about my voice the most is being able to sing along with my music in the car. It's something I do to keep me from swearing at other drivers. Plus, I like singing. I actually enjoy listening to the radio and being able to sing every word. Although, I usually only do that when I'm alone in the car. When other people are there, I like making conversation. Seriously. Losing your voice sucks. And if you've had it happen to you, then you understand.

But enough about me being sick. Let's talk about the new quarter. Did you know that "Rate My Professor" is a fantastic and beautiful thing? Because this quarter (though I have yet to meet the yoga teacher), I love every one of my teachers. They are seriously respectable people. My history teacher said pretty much, he doesn't care if he's liked. It's more about respect to him. Which I can totally agree with. He's been pretty straight up, which I appreciate about my teachers. That's actually something that I respect from most people. Like, if I ask you something, I may not like your answer, but that's my problem, I can deal. Just don't give me some pile of bull because you don't want to hurt my feelings. Now that's not to say that I don't appreciate tact either. But there's a difference between tact and BS. Kay folks? You can be truthful without being a butt. Anyways. Where was I? Ah yes. Teachers. My psych teacher also seems to be pretty straight up honest too. Again, I appreciate that. My English Writing teacher seems pretty nice. He was the first to respond to my email about not being there the first day. He was just like, okay cool. I got you covered. That was nice. My E-Lit teacher seems.........blonde. And very....all over the place. Nice, but not exactly a "Life's tough" kind of teacher. But we'll see how the quarter goes.

Oh that reminds me. So I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I've seen like five or six people that I used to be friends with in elementary school at my school. I'm pretty sure they don't recognize me. Except for one guy who I used to pass on my way to math. He was coming from where I was headed. Every time we passed though we always said hi. So I know at least he recognized me. But the point I was really getting to is that in my psych class is not one, but two people from my elementary school AND I think someone I recognize from high school tech a few years older than me. So how about that, eh?

Oh, okay, last reason I'm excited about Winter quarter before I go: I actually have homework! Eek! It's been so long. I can't believe I'm saying it, but it's true. I need things to keep me busy! I don't want to sit still at all! I want to get things done! I'm ready to go! I'm sure I'll be sick of it by he end of the quarter, so I'll enjoy it while I can.

Aight guys. I gotta go! I have things to do. Like homework. And cleaning and stuff.

Adios readers! Good luck!

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

1 comments:

Gregg Schultz said...

Looks like your Winter quarter is off to a good start, it's nice to have honest professors & a few familiar faces. Best of luck!

-Gregg Schultz, TKA Class of 2006

Post a Comment