Monday, January 20, 2014

Progress

Wow, has it really only been two days since I last posted? Usually, I'm so busy with stuff it takes me a week or so. Of course it helps that I had a friendly reminder.

But the title says progress, what progress?

Cleaning progress.  Now, I know I've been saying it for a while, both here and IRL that I'm working on cleaning up my room and reorganizing. And I get that for some of you are probably thinking, "Gee, how long can it take?" Well, let me clear up some stuff. Not only have I been reorganizing, but I've been moving furniture around, getting new furniture to replace some older stuff, and preparing for a super big change in living space. I'm sorry to be super vague, but I can't really say much about that change at this point in time.

Anyways, I finally got rid of my trundle bed mattress which means that I now have some new storage space under my bed, except that I need to make a few modifications. Specifically, I'm removing the slats that held the mattress and replacing them with support that will be a bit closer to the ground so I can actually store stuff under my bed.
 
I'm also moving a ton of jewelry making tools into a newly cleared out spot. I still need to move my bulletin board to a different wall, move my mirror up half a foot (and that thing is crazy heavy). Get rid of my old bookcases, reattach a smiley face to one of the decorations I have hanging from my ceiling, put more photos on the wall, shift things into my desk, hang up one more large key, and more. Seriously, my list feels like it never ends. I have to get the support mods done to put away half the stuff, and a good chunk of other stuff I need to retrieve from my dad's place.

Now add in job apps and school. That's why this project is taking me so long. In theory, I could have had a lot of it done over various school breaks, but on those longer breaks, I like to spend time with my friends for the short time they're here.

This weekend though, I got a lot done toward this project with my room. I organized most of my books, cleared out some space, and got my desktop computer set up finally. Now, I can actually work on homework efficiently as well as photography without waiting to go to my dad's house to do it. So yeah. Progress.

I'm not the only one working toward reorganizing though. My mom has been fixing up Keegan's room to make it "Star Warsy". He's got new paint, new sheets, a new bed spread, posters, and a new cabinet coming in. His room project is going much faster than mine is. Of course to be fair, he's got my mom working on it. For a project this large, I might have asked my mom for help, but I needed to do this one on my own, therefore, it's taking a lot longer. It doesn't help that I'm a really messy person normally.

Speaking of star wars though, it's time for my fun fact of the day!

My mom is a bigger star wars nerd than I am, and that's pretty impressive. She was part of the original star wars fan club and she kept pretty much all of the stuff from when she was like 13. This includes trading cards, Bantha Tracks (the name of the official fan club publications) up to something like issue 30, bubble gum wrappers, people magazine's special on star wars, sketches and drawn scenes by Ralph McQuarrie, and stickers. She was showing me some of this stuff the other day and I have to say I was very impressed. I also know where I get it from.

Sometimes it's almost scary how alike my mom and I are. I was looking through old family photos the other day (I needed to scan one for an English paper) and I found some from when I mom was in her twenties. The family resemblance is very, very evident. And then I saw a picture of my great-grandma Myrtle from when she was fairly young. Schmolies, she and my mom looked similar. I swear just a little different haircut on my mom and you might never know. It's really interesting (to me at least) to notice that older picture of Myrtle look very similar to my grandma now. The Schmidt line clearly has some very dominant traits being passed down.

But enough tangents. I have more job applications to fill out and plenty to do in my room before the little one goes to bed. And, I need to repair some jewelry for someone because I was supposed to have done it like a month ago. So yeah. Much art. Such busy.

Do you have any crazy projects you're working on? Let me know!

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment