Wednesday, September 25, 2013

College and Sickness

Well, I would have posted about my first day on my actual first day, except that I got sick. I still went to class and all, but afterwards, I was exhausted. I mean it was just...ugh. I had what was most likely an allergy related cough, but it was very draining.

Anyways, yesterday was my second day of classes, but the first day that I had all five. Now I should explain that most people only take three a quarter. And as I mentioned previously, I have 5.
  • Philosophy: Knowledge and Reality
    • This one is interesting because at first, I wasn't sure how much I liked the class, but now that we're actually doing something, I really enjoy it.
    • Also, I have this one Monday through Thursday at 9:30
  • Physical Anthropology
    • I have this one right after philosophy the same days as philosophy. I actually met my professor while looking for the book for her class. She seems very sweet. I think I'll enjoy her class.
  • Finite Math
    • Ugh. This is my least favorite. I was actually excited about Math, I'm not going to lie. And then, he started talking. I swear he sounds exactly like Dr. Nefario from Despicable Me. I kid you not. Except he's even more monotone. It's awful. Also, we're required to take notes. As in he evaluates our notes at the end of the quarter. I'm so bored by the class. I have no need to take notes either. The only thing we've talked about is making graphs. Something I learned how to do in 5th grade. And the worst part. I have this Monday through Friday. It's the only class I have on Fridays!!! WHY THIS ONE???
  • Public Speaking
    • This one should be fun. The teacher reminds me of my Pest & Civ teacher from high school. This guy tells stories and makes statements dripping with sarcasm. Everything he says is blunt, almost to a point of rudeness. But his tangents are fascinating and hilarious. One of his quotes from class, "You all know the phrase 'There's No Such Thing as a Stupid Question'? Yeah well whoever said that was a moron". He was explaining at the time that he just won't answer a question if h thinks it's stupid.
  • Social Dance I
    • The last one. So her class is actually a combination of social dances I, II, and III. I'm still not sure about this one, especially since there's no one really there my age. But I'm meeting some nice people. There's one really old Asian guy who was super good at cha cha, so I asked if he was in social dance III. He said, "You could say that". Apparently, he's been dancing for 14 years and takes this class to keep his skills sharp. It was really nice to dance with someone experienced in a class of people who really have no idea. No offense to the newbies or anything. Y'all are doing really well too.
I'm still recovering from this awful cough, so I won't be saying much this week, but stay tuned and I'll keep you posted on college stuff soon. For now though, I'm going to sign off and maybe get some tea.

With love,
PolarBearMoose 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment