Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ren Faire!

I love the Renaissance Faire. I try to go every year. This year was special though. I got the chance to take my cousin, Lauren, for her first time (to this specific one). The NorCalRenFaire is one of my favorite places. Yeah it's hot and dusty, but the people are all so friendly. We met this one guy dresses as a hobbit. Don't know why! But we met him. His name was "Trip Bramblebottom" and we discovered, he has access to facebook from the shire! That's right folks! https://www.facebook.com/TripBramblebottom/timeline Check it out. It's pretty awesome.



Anywho, a bit later, Lauren and I ran into a "gossip rag writer" who was clearly a ren faire employee. We had a chance to tell her about Trip and the fact that he gave us buttons. Legit buttons, for luck of course. She mentioned she thought she had met fair hobbit and received a button as well, but hers was in one of the many pouches she was carrying. I on the other hand was lacking in pouches and so stored mine in what she brilliantly called "God's Pockets". I'll let you try and figure that one out. But indeed, in one of God's Pockets, my button was stored until I bought a pouch to hold both money and the button later. Conveniently, said pouch fits quite nicely between God's Pockets while wearing a corset.

Later, Lauren and I just decided to go to the Outlet Mall since I'd never been there. We didn't buy anything, but we almost did! It was quite amusing. Especially when trying to get there, we got lost. Because SOMEONE *cough* Lauren *cough cough* told me to go right when I needed to go left. Mhm. Never trusting her directions again.

Ooh! I forgot to mention. We decided next year to go as gypsies cause it's a heck of a lot less hot when you have clothes that breathe. So I got a hip scarf and a head piece to wear for next year.

But yeah! That was my day at the Ren Faire! Anyways, I should get going at this point, but I promise to blog again soon!

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment