Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve

Hello all!

Firstly, I'd like to wish all my readers a fantastic New Year's! You made it through 2013, but now it's time to create new experiences, memories, and even mistakes. May you be blessed through 2014, creating both experiences and mistakes to learn and grow from, good memories to look back on, and strong new friendships.

And now, some reflections.

2013, for me at least, was such a busy year! Honestly, it was my busiest yet! But not in a bad way. In fact, I enjoyed the busy. Almost always having something to do. My hope for the coming year is to be just as busy with friends and family. (Also on my list: getting a part time job. Not looking forward to that one as much.) Things I've done this year? Well, I graduated high school. I went to my school's version of prom and homecoming. I spent the perfect amount of time with friends. Sure, I had some downfalls. Sometimes, things didn't always look bright. But in retrospect, I feel blessed for every moment I've had.  And I challenge you to look back on your year, briefly, celebrate the good and the bad, then continue to this new year with a positive attitude and absolutely no sadness from the previous year. The past is in the past and now is a clean new year.

So now that we've covered all those shenanigans and motivating words. Let's talk New Year's Eve parties, shall we?

Now, I don't know what kind of celebrations you all have. Maybe you spend the evening with just family, I know my family did that for quite sometime. Maybe you have wild parties. Do you watch the ball drop? Set off fireworks?

Last year, I myself went to a very enthusiastic and loud party at my friend Kayla's place. And while I was invited again this year, I chose instead to spend it at Mrs. I's place with GI, Mr. I, and plenty of familiar people. NH, IN, RP, MJ and so many more. Now, having never been to their annual party, I had no idea what to expect. I think I overdressed a little. Oh well. I like the skirt I wore. Totally worth it. But jeans would probably have been the smarter move. Anywho, it was very much a family style gathering. Apparently, a tradition they have is to celebrate New Year's once at 9:30 (originally for the little kids, who are now in college) and then again at Midnight. I liked that. It was really fun to learn to play so many new games. And, I was able to stay a bit longer to play video games with GI. I actually kind of made progress in Batman: Arkham Asylum! Yay! Progress! And basically, around 2:30 when everyone else left, GI and I pulled an all-nighter to play Batman. Which was really fun! Despite my terror of Killer Croc. Almost worse than Fern Gully. Almost. Anywho, I'm actually about to hit the sack. Despite the fact that it's 7:40, because, I'm exhausted.

But, please, tell me, what was your New Year's Eve like?

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment