Monday, December 23, 2013

Hasty Generalizations

I really hate when people include me in these hasty generalizations of things they're unhappy about. Right now specifically, my mom is doing it. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom. But see, she really likes things clean. Okay. I can understand that. But it's hard not to hear through paper thin walls that she's upset about when things aren't clean. Again, I get it. She likes things clean. But when she comments about how she's told us (the kids) to do things a certain way, for example pulling open a shower curtain so it doesn't get moldy, hang up the mats and towels, etcetera, and we haven't done it, it's a little frustrating. Because we're too "self-involved". Now I'm mature enough to take responsibility for the things that maybe I could be helping more with, but I'm pretty sure that in regards to the bathroom for example, I've done what she's asked every time. Maybe I forget one of the ten things she's ask occasionally, but not enough to be called self-involved.

What really frustrates me though is that I'm the only one of us (the kids) that seems to care enough to try and step-up a little bit more. The responsibility for compensating for everyone else seems to always fall on me. Which really just isn't cool. I'm sorry if I can't spend every second of every minute of everyday making everyone else around me happy with out going literally insane. Excuse me if every once in a while, I'd actually like to be happy myself. I apologize if I'm too "self-involved" to have done all those things in the bathroom that were asked. Since I am so self-involved, maybe I shouldn't have gone and hung up the coat that fell out of the closet (no fault of my own) because it was lying on the floor in the middle of the hallway. I'm so darned self-involved that volunteered to go out and get a separate dinner for my mom the other day because she was having a break-out in her mouth. I guess that's just me being self-involved.

Sorry for the rant guys. I'm just feeling a little frustrated at the moment.

Hope you're having an okay Monday.

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment