Sunday, October 13, 2013

Forgiveness

NOTE: For all of the cosplayers that are looking for photos I took from the NorCal Gathering, I'll be posting them on my 500px page soon. The link is in the sidebar, check it out. The pics should be up by Tuesday.

And now, onto the actual post.

Forgiveness is a powerful thing. I know I seem to talk about this topic a lot, but it's true. Forgiveness is powerful. You may be asking, what is prompting this post? Well, I spoke with someone who I once considered a friend today, and in theory, would like to call them a friend again. We haven't spoken in almost two years because of a huge fight that we had. Things were said and done that can't be taken back. But over the summer, I sent him an email telling him I forgave him. Which was true. I had at that point. Apparently, he never got it. And so he emailed me earlier this week asking to talk and I agreed. So we've been talking this week about various things, when he asked why I forgave him. Even now, I don't know that I can really explain it in the right way, but the important part was that I did and that my anger had totally subsided (as had his). I attempted an explanation, but he still couldn't quite get it. And I realized just how powerful it is. But what I realized is that you have to be able to forgive yourself for both the big and little mistakes to be able to understand why someone else would do it. Maybe that's not always true. But it seems to happen that way a lot in situations I've been in.

I guess that's all.

Hope y'all are having a great weekend!

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment