Sunday, November 24, 2013

Books and Happy Endings

I feel...disillusioned by novels. I've been reading various stories on this website called Wattpad, and I must say, I'm sick of reading about happy endings. Which is a weird feeling for me. I grew up with every Disney princess movie out there, constantly dreaming about finding my own happy ending. Even in movies today, specifically RomComs, there's this idea that everyone has to have a happy ending. Everything has to be perfect. But it's a fantasy. It's not real. Where are the real stories, the ones where things don't always work out? The ones where the guy doesn't always get the girl and vice-versa. I want to read something new that doesn't have that. None of those over the top dramatic stories seem real. They're not relatable anymore. Things are too perfectly predictable.

And yet, even saying all this, I still root for the happy endings. I'm absolutely sick of them, but I still look for them and hope for them. Whether IRL or anywhere else.

Sorry this is so short guys. Although, considering how long some of my other posts have been, y'all are probably glad this one is so brief. Anyways, I hope you guys have enjoyed your weekend. Maybe you read something interesting, maybe not. If there's a book you like, recommend it. I'm always looking for something new to read.

So I'll bid you adieu!

With Love,
PolarBearMoose

0 comments:

Post a Comment