Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Week: Part 2

Riiiiight. So neither the girlfriend, nor the mother came. Le sigh. Not like it makes a difference to me or anything, because hey, it means the day was significantly less awkward. Except that I had mentally prepared myself for it. So the mother had already flown back to Kansas. So she was never coming. But then the girlfriend apparently got sick. Apparently. And so she cancelled very last minute. Honestly, I think this girl is frightened by me. Which I suppose makes sense since we're practically the same dang age. But it's not like I'm gonna go all legally blonde on her. I mean so what that we're only six years apart? So what that my dad could practically be her father based on the age difference? I'm not judging. Am I weirded out? A little, but whatevs. It's all good.

Anywho, guess who saw catching fire yesterday? This girl! Guess who saw Thor 2 (finally) today? This girl!  I have I say I was very impressed by Catching Fire. I liked the way they did the arena. Now of course, movies are almost never as good as the book, and I'm not saying it was. But I really liked the way it was done. I really liked the scoring too. When I heard the Xtina song for the soundtrack, I was dreading it. I was like oh noes. How they gonna pull that one off? But the scoring was fantastic. Anywho, I recommend seeing it. Any issues that I had with this one were the same as the first one. And half my issues with the first one were almost resolved in this one. We'll see what happens in the next one though. 

And then there's Thor. Oh marvel. Now, I will admit this one was far better than the first Thor movie. Say what you want about how great you may have thought the first one was, but a two day turn around is ridiculous and quite frankly the most unrealistic piece of the storyline. Assuming that every other fantasy premise were true, that two day romance would still be the most ridiculous thing in hat movie. And I will hold to my thought that 30 seconds of video montage would have made that movie 10 times better. 30 seconds to show them building a romance. SO FRUSTRATING. Anywho, the second one. So as I was saying, it was better than the first. And that doesn't happen much in sequels. It seemed a tad busy at times, but it kept me on the edge of my seat. Some of the bits with Loki were a but predictable, but then some weren't. It's a toss up. I liked it though. Next on my to watch list? The Book Thief. I'll have to review it once I see it. 

I have a ton of stuff to do now, so I'll have to update with a part 3, but for now, I'll bid you adieu. 

With love, 
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment