Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Orientation Part 2

Originally, I wasn't planning on having much to say about orientation, but now that I think about it, there is still plenty to say. For example, I made a friend! J (I don't know her last name) is really sweet. We met on the first day because we were both looking for the room. She's at least 10 years older than I, married, and from South Korea, so it's interesting to hear her story. I honestly had no idea what to expect from fellow pupils, especially at a community college. It's interesting to hear where people are from and what they're interested in. For example, a lot of people want to go to a UC, specifically Berkley, which I find fascinating since I would never in my life want to go there (sorry people from Berkley, it's just not in my goal plan). Also, I'm the only one who has already been accepted somewhere and therefore, gets to be a little more laid back about filling requirements. Not that it'll be easy, especially since I'm taking Stats *shudder*. I just don't have to follow the CSU g.e. plan or the IGETC which is nice. At least, I'm pretty sure I don't. Since I'm deferring not applying? Is that how that works? I don't know. I'll figure it out somehow.

On a different note, we had our "first taste of Public Speaking" according to the instructor today. We introduced ourselves with:

NAME
MAJOR
GOAL
INTEREST/HOBBIES

I already had a plan so it was fairly easy. But then, I've had more public speaking opportunities than many high school graduates. Not by much, but I'd say talking to your entire high school for 15 minutes about your testimony is kind of big. Just saying. Plus there's all the theater work so, y'know. It's funny to look back and see how far I've come in just a couple years. Really. Because if I hadn't gone to the high school I went to , or met the people I did, I'd have been scared witless in front of the orientation class today. I'd have had such a hard time, but I didn't. It's just amazing to look and see the progress I've made sometimes.

Anyways, I have more orientation tomorrow, so I should probably be well rested. Who knows, something else might happen tomorrow that I consider blog worthy :)

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment