Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dear Facebook

*sigh* I'm done Facebook. I'm just done. I want to be able to keep up with what my friends are doing. I want to still be involved in their lives. And Facebook, you've been a great tool for that. But I can't keep this up. As much as I appreciate it, now I'm just sad. Sad to see that my friend RG from high school is friends with BA, someone I met on a college visit and is going to the same college that I will eventually be at, but I can't be there to enjoy the mutuality of the friendship. Sad to see everyone post pictures of their dorms, while I sit in the same place that I'm going to be for the next two years while I take the less expensive road through community college. Sad that some of my best friends are moving on in their lives while I feel stuck. Once college starts, I suspect I'll be taking a hiatus from you to attempt to form new friendships and try to stop feeling jealous toward other friends. I'm beating myself up over this and it needs to stop. Now preferably.

I wish I could be there now. You all are creating your freshman memories now. Memories I won't ever really be able to create. If I could have gone straight there, I would have. I wish that could have been an option.

To my friends who are in college, especially BA and RG, you look like you're having fun. I hope you'll catch me up when I get their, okay girls? I'll be there soon. Just a couple years and I'll be there.

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment