Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Breakfast Club

Well, today was a average Monday. I got up, showered, got myself ready for the day then went to the last day of orientation. We took a quiz and I got my suggested schedule back with the counselor's comments that I "won't have time to dance". Um. Hello? One of the classes I'm taking is ballroom. I just found that to be odd. Anyways though, I have confidence that I can do it. I'm starting anew with classes. There aren't teacher's from my high school gossiping in the teacher's lounge about which students are the trouble makers. I have a fresh start. So, yeah. Anyways. We got out super early, so I got a ride from my new friend J. She and I talked about culture shock and other such things like what Americans eat. Since there's no college group tonight, I figured my night would be pretty dull, with me mainly sitting in bed watching Glee and Warehouse 13 the rest of the evening. But surprise, surprise, ES invited me and a few other people to watch the Breakfast Club and have breakfast for dinner. An in that moment, my evening was saved! ES mentioned that GI would be going and suggested I could get a ride from him. A few minutes later he texted me, offering to give me a ride. I love it when a plan comes together. Anyways, pajamas were recommended so I wore my beat up Hershey's Kisses pj's (because they're the only pair of pajamas I own with pockets). When GI showed up in jeans, I was afraid I'd be the only one, but when we arrived, others were in pj's too. I can say that I officially tried something new too! I am a very picky eater, so I was a little scared when spinach got mixed in with the scrambled eggs, but I have to say, I enjoyed it. Success for me, yippee!! It was great being able to spend the time with friends. Especially AM, since she'll be leaving for college in just a few more days. Gosh I'm gonna miss our mic girl conversations. She's going to go far though. I can tell.

NOTE* You may be wondering why I'm posting about this. Well, let me explain: I refuse to let this blog be a place that is sad and depressing for me and I feel like I've posted a lot about me being sentimental, sad, and nostalgic. Not that any of those are bad, but I need this to be a place that I can come when I am amazingly happy too. So, I'm working on that. *

Anywho, on an entirely different note, do you ever just get a song stuck in your head, but if you start singing it, you know people are going to think you're insane? Yeah, I've have PAINT's "After Ever After" song stuck in my head all day.

And on an even more random note, did you know Robert Downey Jr. can sing? Thanks to NH, for showing me that one.

Okay, I'm going to stop before you get lost in the sea of tangents going through my head.

Adieu to you all.

With Love,
PolarBearMoose <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment