Monday, August 19, 2013

Orientation

Well. Today I had my first day of college orientation. It was mostly a good experience. I made a friend and everything! But there was this really awkward 10 minutes when a guest speaker from the "health services" came by to talk to us about what services were offered. Which was honestly, really great to know some of the things. But then there were other things. Things that coming out of a Christian Bubble, were just...disturbing. None of this was news to me that they had these things, but I still didn't want to hear about it on the first day of college orientation. For example, apparently, they have a demonstration in their office for how a condom works. I was ready to burst out laughing. Especially since the speaker was a college age student with legally blonde bubbly personality. On top of that, after taking a Pest & Civ class, I would bet I know more than she does about what diseases they're trying to prevent. Honestly. And then, she pulled out a bad smelling hand-sanitizer pen. What she said about it really had me laughing though. I'm mostly paraphrasing this but still:

"Okay, so you pop off the top. Then SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY. I like to use three sprays. Then you RUB RUB RUB because it dislodges the germs, okay? You really should come and get one of these. It's a great party trick."

Yeah, that's all it is lady, a party trick. Seriously people!! The most you can use that for is to get rid of  your own germs before shaking someone's hand. It was something else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment